Shrink-wrap licensing

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rod at cyberspaces.org
Wed May 3 02:11:32 UTC 2000

Here's another one: if you walk into a computer store and steal a copy of
Microsoft Windows 2000 (...because it costs too much;-)) (with the
shrinkwrap license in place), are you bound by the license if you break open
the shrink wrap? Does the license bind a thief as well as a buyer?

Rod

Rod Dixon
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law
Rutgers University School of Law - Camden
www.cyberspaces.org
rod at cyberspaces.org

Chief Counsel
FreeBuyers Net, LLC