Should governmnet software be Open Source?

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Wed Mar 8 20:38:17 UTC 2000

I don't know, but I'd have to agree with Intuit on that one. The gov't has
no business entering into the commerce space. What hardware/OS platforms
does the "official US tax software" run on? If its only on Windows, can
Apple and Be,Inc. sue the government for exclusionary tactics?

Bad idea all around. Free market rules.