Legal frustration

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rod at cyberspaces.org
Tue Mar 7 06:41:19 UTC 2000

David,

Believe me, I understand your frustration all too well. It seems as if the
law changes on a daily basis sometimes when it comes to computer law. It is
not asy teaching students what the law is or advising clients on what the
law is when I know a court may change the entire legal landscape in one
week. In my writings about law and technology, I have consistently noted
that in the area of computer/cyber law, courts are too frequently
ill-prepared to adjudicate cases because judges and some lawyers are
unfamiliar with technology; until that changes (and I think it will some
day), most of us will be often confused or frustrated.

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M.
www.cyberspaces.org
rod at cyberspaces.org