How To Break The GPL

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rod at cyberspaces.org
Fri Mar 3 21:22:53 UTC 2000

Copyright is a matter of strict liability. On the merits, intent is not
relevant. For example, if a user makes a copy without permission to do so,
he has violated someone's copyright even if he did not intend to do so.
(There are defenses to infringement, but the point is intent is not relevant
in the first instance).

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M.
www.cyberspaces.org
rod at cyberspaces.org