How About The Apache License?

Craig R. McClanahan craig at mcclanahan.cx
Sun Jul 23 06:37:08 UTC 2000

Please forgive the newbie-to-this-list question (the list server is
obstinately refusing to let me access previous messages except one at a
time by index number) ...

I am one of the contributors to the Tomcat project, which is under the
Jakarta project umbrella at Apache <http://jakarta.apache.org>.  We use
the Apache license on all of the code in this project.  It has come to
my attention that the Apache license is not present on the "approved
list" of licenses at <http://www.opensource.org>.

Is this lack of presence due to some concern people have over the terms
of the Apache license, or is it because this license has never been
submitted for approval?  If it's the former, I would like to understand
what the issues are.  In the latter case, I would like to submit the
Apache license for review.

Craig McClanahan