BSD / GPL compatibility

David Johnson arandir at meer.net
Wed Feb 16 03:54:24 UTC 2000

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Nick Moffitt wrote:

> 	It's all a matter of derived work.  Some may say that using
> chunks of BSD code in a GPLed work is "fair use".

But the reverse is not? Okay, my hackles are raised now... Using a chunk of
GPLd code in my BSD application would ensure mailbombings and dire announcements
on legal letterhead. Although the BSD license liberally allows use of chunks of
code in other applications, to call this "fair use" implies that I can do the
same with *ANY* other licensed source code.

--
Arandir...