License Approval Process

Brice, Richard BriceR at WSDOT.WA.GOV
Tue Feb 15 18:56:03 UTC 2000

Dual licensing doesn't make sense. If a licensee can choose which license to
use, the will chose the one to their advantage. The software we are
producing is used for the design of highway bridge structures. Our lawyer
though the GPL didn't provide us enough protection against tort claims from
third parties. If someone had the choice of GPL and Alternate Route, and
they wanted to sue us, they would choose GPL. So what good is the dual
license? None.