OpenSales -- DRAFT developers agreement

kmself at ix.netcom.com kmself at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 31 02:39:32 UTC 2000

OpenSales (my employer) is working on a set of supporting legal
documents.  We've drafted a developers agreement as part of our code
submission process, and have posted it for review at
http://www.opensales.org/html/devagree.shtml

Developer agreements are something I've advocated for companies engaged in
free software development.  I believe they offer protections to both
companies and developers.   Their use is somewhat controversial -- the
FSF has one which requires copyright assignment, XFree86 uses one, as do
a handful of other projects, but most seem not to use one, or drop those
which they've used in the past (eg:  Python and CNRI).

Comments and feedback appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>     http://www.netcom.com/~kmself