StarOffice under the GPL ?

Brian Behlendorf brian at collab.net
Wed Aug 9 23:32:01 UTC 2000

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> There *is* a Sun Public License modeled
> after the NPL, pretty much s/Netscape/Sun/, which Netbeans was released
> under (www.netbeans.org).

Sorry, my bad, the Sun Public License is a verbatim (except for
substitution of the terms "Mozilla" and "Netscape" with the term "Sun" and
addition of "documentation" to the list of covered items) copy of the
Mozilla Public License, NOT the Netscape Public License.  The NPL is not
an open source license, because it has language that carves out some
redistribution rights for Netscape, which the MPL does not.

	Brian