Does linux use GPL or not??

Kristiono Setyadi viaris at gamanet.ugm.ac.id
Tue Aug 8 04:23:24 UTC 2000

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, David Johnson wrote:

> If you modified the kernel and distributed it under a different
> license, you will get in serious trouble. It is not a crime exactly,
> but a copyright violation. When you go to court it will be to a civil
> court not a criminal court.

What about the other version of Linux (like RedHat, Slackware, etc.)?
Can we say that the Kernel of the Linux have been changed?

In some countries, the copyright is some of the most frequently violated.
Most of the microsoft (and other commercial software..) are pirated.
Have you heard about Linux pirated??
Thank you.

"La vraie definition de la science, c'est
qu'elle est l'etude de la beaute du monde"