Canadian software licensing link

Justin Wells jread at semiotek.com
Mon Apr 3 23:54:56 UTC 2000

There is an excellent collection of articles in PDF form here:

  http://www.macleoddixon.com/04public/Articles/04ARTPUB.HTML#intell

I thought I would pass that along in case anyone here is interested in
reading about the ins and out of software licensing, copyright, shrinkwrap,
etc., as it applies in particular to Canadian law.

It would be useful reading for Americans who wish their licenses to work
in countries with British style legal systems. Many of the documents are
actually written with a view to making things work in both the US and
non-US systems (Canadian companies operate in Canada but sell the majority
of their software to the U.S. and so this compatibility is particularly
relevant in Canada).

Justin