distribution: how much is enough?

Signal 11 signal11 at mediaone.net
Sat Sep 18 17:44:30 UTC 1999

Quick question -

I'm going to be releasing a program under GPL soon,
and all the libraries I use are LGPL/GPL.  My
question is - how much of the original distribution
do I have to include besides the necessary bits I need
to get my program to compile?  Is it safe to just
grab the files I need, and put a note in the readme
file with a location to get the full source for
each library if they want it?

I think the GPL/LGPL lets you do this.. but parts of
it were somewhat vague. :\

--
Signal 11, BOFH to the UF list and malign.net
"Eat feathers, fuzzball!" -- Calvin