Essay RFC delayed.

esr at thyrsus.com esr at thyrsus.com
Fri Sep 10 04:32:32 UTC 1999

Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org>:
> Only a tiny fraction of the community has ever dealt with me.  So if
> you actively spread the idea that I am incompetent at my main
> responsibility, you can surely hamper my activities somewhat.

It depends on what you consider your main responsibility.  You're
comptent at a lot of things -- but when I work on persuading people
to use software that is GPLed, I find that one of my most difficult
problems is generally soothing the fear and uncertainty that your
rhetoric has created.
--

The saddest life is that of a political aspirant under democracy. His
failure is ignominious and his success is disgraceful.