The Essay is Done.

J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) jdassen at wi.LeidenUniv.nl
Wed Sep 1 07:23:19 UTC 1999

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 02:31:02 -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     It's in zip format; apologies to gzip purists but
>     I am just way too tired to work it all right now
>     when I can use the Zip-O-Matic pull-down ...
>
> At present, there is no free software which can decode it.

Counterproof using only software from Debian proper which (barring mishaps
of which we of course like to be informed) consists of DFSG-free software.

- Save the attachment using your favourite free MUA, say mutt.

- Ensure you have zlib-bin and a free HTML browser, say w3m, installed.
	apt-get install w3m
- Ensure you have mime-support installed for that fuzzy feeling of
  integration.
	apt-get install zlib-bin mime-support w3m

- Unpack the compressed archive using the free "miniunzip" program from
   zlib-bin.
	miniunzip extess.final-0.zip

- And read the essay using that cute fuzzy "see" thingy.
	see extess.final-0.html

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,