GNU License for Hardware

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Wed Oct 20 00:44:41 UTC 1999

Quoting Alejandro Forero Cuervo:
> And I also recall some old note from Linus Torvalds announcing Linux all
> happy since Bash (I think it was Bash) compiled and ran on it. I could
> not find it.
>
> I actually think Linux was written to work with GNU software.  Many of
> the GNU utilities existed long before the Linux kernel did.

        The infamous "Linux is Obsolete!" thread contained a
discussion of how Linux was a way to get a GNU system up and running
_then_, rather than wait for the official GNU kernel.  I suggest you
find an archive on the net or purchase Open Sources from O'Reilly.
(the discussion is in the appendices)

--
((lambda (x) (list x (list (quote quote) x)))
(quote (lambda (x) (list x (list (quote quote) x)))))