GNU License for Hardware

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu Oct 14 15:44:21 UTC 1999

    RMS has said that he considers OSI and FSF to be like "two political parties
    within our community". Perhaps he has something like the Clinton Republicans
    and the Dole Democrats in mind, but it plays more like the two sides of a
    Lite Beer commercial: More Freedom! Fewer Bugs! Both are true, and both are
    important.

I think both are important, and that is what I say when I speak.
My disagreement with the Open Source movement is that they
avoid talking about one of these two, and some of their leaders
have made statements rejecting it.

If you think that both are important, your place is in the
Free Software movement.