[openip] Re: License -> back on track

Robert M. Muench robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Thu Oct 14 08:36:48 UTC 1999

openip at egroups.com;
ppc-mobo at raj.phys.sfu.ca;
> graham at collector.hscs.wmin.ac.uk; fsb at crynwr.com;
> pleb at cse.unsw.edu.au;
> license-discuss at opensource.org; khatib at ieee.org
> Subject: [openip] Re: License -> back on track

> I think that the "IP" in "OpenIP" is meant to refer to
"intellectual
> property".  That's a term it is better to avoid; see
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html for some
reasons
> why.

Hi, that's right but I use it to describe the mix of different
things, hardware & software found on 'openip.org'. It's not
related to any legal assumption (the 'basic legal idea' is more
covered by the word 'open', even I know you don't like it too
;-). Maybe I should state this on the page.

Robert M. Muench, Karlsruhe, Germany
    ==> ask for PGP public-key <==

  When do you want to reboot today?

Use the free portable GUI Library