the skinny -- a LEGAL *nightmare*

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Fri Nov 26 07:42:33 UTC 1999

From: Nelson Rush <chesterrr at att.net>
> It's obvious this draft wasn't written up by a lawyer

A lawyer is very definitely involved. I agree that "Distribute the
distributions" is poor language, but you're going overboard in your
condemnation.

You've got some valid points in there, I see no reason to flame you to
high heaven except for one thing. Don't begin a negociation by calling the
other party an idiot. That is what you imply in your grammar criticism.
Consider that they are under time pressure and are in unfamiliar waters
as far as Open Source is concerned. Cut them a bit more slack, please.
As far as I've seen, they want the project to work and want to play by
our rules.

	Thanks

	Bruce