Apple Public Source License - is it OSI certified?

Raymond Luk ray at hardboiledegg.com
Mon Nov 15 16:02:11 UTC 1999

I noticed that the Apple Public Source License is not listed among the OSI certified licenses. After initial community objections and Apple's subsequent modifications on April 19, 1999, is the new license now OSI certified?

Besides Bruce Perens' open letter, have there been any other significant objections to this license? It seems to me to be an improvement over MPL insofar as it is more inclusive of server-side apps by defining "Deploy" instead of simply "Distribute". It is also a bit easier to understand, IMO.

Cheers,

Raymond Luk
HBE Software Inc.
1030 St-Alexandre, Suite 710