Can Java code EVER be GPLd, at all?

David Starner dvdeug at x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu
Mon Nov 15 05:57:03 UTC 1999

On Sun, Nov 14, 1999 at 08:56:50PM -0800, Arandir wrote:
> > >But in the land of
> > > the Free, you are not free to write BSD applications that link to GPL libraries.
> > Right, providing we're talking the BSD license versus the XFree86 license.
>
> Wrong. The MIT (X) license does not give you the right to change the license.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of
this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in
the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to
use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do
so, subject to the following conditions:

David Starner - dstarner98 at aasaa.ofe.org
I see no trend at all, except toward women playing mean and ugly
sociopaths who are good at killing and who enjoy dark powers. Maybe
it's just my friends?
	-- Dr. Kromm, on who plays what type of character in RPGs