GPL and LGPL question

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Tue May 18 22:14:33 UTC 1999

Pat St. Jean writes:

> One more thing on that LGPL clause 3.  I'm not even sure if it's legal.
> I'll have to check the case law, but it's my understanding that only the
> origional licensor can alter the conditions that the code is licensed
> under.  But that may depend on what state and federal district you're in.

This issue is probably less significant.

LGPLed programs may have many different contributors, all of whom have
written portions of the code and all of whom hold copyrights in the joint
result.

--
                    Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>
      They said look at the light we're giving you,  /  And the darkness