new license to review

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Sat May 8 06:45:22 UTC 1999

bruce at perens.com writes:

> The difference here is that the license is stipulating that the program
> send a particular meta-datum that can have an effect on the server-client
> communication. For example, a browser may choose to behave differently
> depending on the contents of that server ID field.

The technology today is almost always the other way around: the server
behaves differently depending on the identity of the browser.  But the
general point is correct and independent of current trends: that field is
typically used and processed automatically, not just by humans.

--
                    Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>
      They said look at the light we're giving you,  /  And the darkness