David Brownell's modified QPL

bruce at perens.com bruce at perens.com
Wed Jun 16 19:53:44 UTC 1999

From: John Cowan <cowan at locke.ccil.org>
Martin Konold wrote:
> QPL is considered to be Open Source aka DFSG complient since a long time.
> All three BP, ESR and RMS agreed on this.

Yes.

John Cowan:
> I know that.  But Brownell's license (no name yet) introduces
> Artistic-style features into the basic QPL, so it needs a
> separate certification.

If this license was posted to license-review, I haven't seen it yet. Please
send me another copy.

Is this an attempt to address a QPL-GPL incompatibility for the main KDE
executables? If so, I have another idea regarding how to do that. We
discussed it yesterday on debian-legal.

	Thanks

	Bruce