Essay RFC delayed.

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Tue Aug 31 04:21:49 UTC 1999

    The application of this to free-software advocacy is that we can use
    Eric's approach (which doesn't require any kind of ideological commitment)
    to persuade people to use the software and see that it works, after which
    they'll be more receptive to the ideology.

I think that's a good combined strategy.  At present, though, we have
plenty of people and companies doing the first part, but we don't have
enough doing the second part.

So I work to encourage more people to do the second part.  I don't
think people should *stop* doing the first part.