RFC soon on essay "Does Free Software Production in a Bazaar obey the Law of Diminishing Returns?"

Matthew C. Weigel weigel+ at pitt.edu
Sun Aug 22 22:41:33 UTC 1999

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Richard Stallman wrote:

> software.  There is only one known case where we disagree, and that is
> the Apple license.

Excuse me.  That was originally said in conjunction with a few other things
that I ended up taking out, because I couldn't figure out how to word it
properly.

> I agree with you that the QPL has major drawbacks as a free software
> license, and I agree that the proliferation of corporate licenses
> since 1998 is bad for the community.  But I don't think that Free
> Software and Open Source really disagree very much here.

Which is why I took out the other stuff I wrote, I just left that line in
(I'm not sure why).

 Matthew Weigel                                       Programmer/Sysadmin
  weigel+ at pitt.edu                             Operating Systems Advocate
                         http://www.pitt.edu/~weigel