RFC soon on essay "Does Free Software Production in a Bazaarobey the Law of Diminishing Returns?"

Signal 11 signal11 at mediaone.net
Mon Aug 16 15:02:47 UTC 1999

mark at ns2.pc-intouch.com wrote:

> 1.  Bazaar-style projects really are immune to Brooks's Law, because
> someone sprinkled pixie dust over them or something.

I'd opt for this one.  Except the magic pixie dust is the pursuit of the Right Thing(tm).  Unlike blundering corporations that write up mission statements and run around worried sick about profits, developers only have one goal - write the best software you can.

--
Signal 11, List BOFH and sysadmin of malign.net
Take the blue pill. | people.mn.mediaone.net/bojay/