"RFC soon" posting

Jacques Chester Thunda at downunder.net.au
Tue Aug 10 23:50:49 UTC 1999

Hello all;

So far, license-discuss has yielded my best
response. I've posted to several newsgroups,
but usenet being as it is I don't expect too
many timely responses.

To answer a mild criticism, which has already
arisen; namely, "such a paper is off-topic to
this list".

I emailed the RFC notice from a list I have
been compiling over the lifetime of the paper.
On reflection, I believe license-discuss was
added primarily because there are sections of
the essay that try to explain the legal
foundations of Free Software licensing. These
sections need to be complete and concise, and
I know of no better forum to vet those sections.

As for other components, my profuse apologies
for being a bad list-citizen. I didn't fully
grok the consequences of posting to the wrong
forum, so if I have wasted anybody's time I'm
sorry for doing so.

Thanks to everyone who has written so far;

JC.

-----