Get ready....

Rob Edgeworth rob at edgeworth.org
Wed Apr 14 19:54:36 UTC 1999

I would agree with Mark on all points.

An important consequence of the reuse of license concept is the need for the
licenses themselves to be without encumbrances.

I think it is important to establish right off the bat that any open source
license is public domain (or better yet GPL'd).  Otherwise we may see the
day that Company A gets an injunction against publication of Organization
B's software because some of the license was cribbed from Company A.

Rob Edgeworth
Center for Precision Metrology
University of NC at Charlotte