[FLOSS-Desktops] 2017 - 2018

Patrick Masson masson at alumni.ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 3 20:14:23 UTC 2017

Happy New (School) Year Everybody,

Just a quick note to welcome everyone back. I am very pleased to see
all of our existing programs are returning, and few are scheduled to
start up, and in addition, we also have a few schools that expressed
interest. I've invited them to the list, so if anyone reaches out,
please feel free to jump in with any advice you may have.

Also, please feel free to reach out to me with anything you may need as
your programs kick off.

We had a nice article in Opensource.com about the FLOSS Desktops
program: https://opensource.com/article/17/9/floss-desktops-kids You
may want to share this with your school's administrators as it
highlights the alignment between FLOSS Desktops and other programs you
may already be running in your district related to coding.

Finally, I am happy to share that Michele McColgan, Madie Hagen, and
Kris Navritil will be presenting the FLOSS Desktops program at "All
Things Open" at the end of the month (https://allthingsopen.org/talk/fl
oss-desktops-for-kids/).

OK, that's it for now,
Patrick

--
    ||    |      |  ||||    ||    ||    |  ||||    |||    |    |||

Patrick Masson
General Manager & Director
Open Source Initiative
855 El Camino Real, Ste 13A, #270