[CAVO] Mendocino County election problems

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Nov 14 22:38:15 UTC 2016

To: California Association of Voting Officials (CAVO)

To: BCC List in Mendocino County

Due to the slowness of our antique manual and semi-automated election
systems, our local Mendocino County election results are not yet certified.
Indeed, local individual in rural areas of the county who deposited their
ballots properly report (in numerous emails copied to me) that they have no
official record that their ballots have even been received and counted.

Tomorrow is a week after the election. County election results cannot yet be
certified. Nothing local is official yet!

For those ballot proposals that require minimum voter approval, for example
all local tax proposals and local ordinances, it is premature for anyone to
declare victory until the vote is officially certified by the County.

We need better trustworthy election systems in California!

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen

Rosenlaw ( <http://www.rosenlaw.com/> www.rosenlaw.com)

3001 King Ranch Rd., Ukiah, CA 95482