[CAVO] Congressman Johnson bill for open source voting

Patrick Masson masson at opensource.org
Tue Jun 28 19:40:53 UTC 2016

Brent, Nice Work!!!

I tweeted this out, crediting you / CAVO (again, CAVO really needs a
twitter account!).

Per requests for revisions, I am sure you already have this, but we would
recommend including a reference to OSI Approved Open Source Licenses in
SEC. 284. item (d):

FROM:
“(d) Open source software defined.—The term ‘open source software’ means
software the license of which is made available under an open source license
.
TO:
“(d) Open source software defined.—The term ‘open source software’ means
software distributed under an Open Source Initiative (OSI) Approved Open
Source License.

Thanks for including us.
Patrick

* Patrick Masson*
*General Manager & Director, Open Source Initiative*
855 El Camino Real, Ste 13A, #270
Palo Alto, CA 94301
United States
Office: (415) 857-5398