[CAVO] [License-review] OSET Public License

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Wed Oct 14 21:28:42 UTC 2015

Hi Richard and Heather,

It is a good suggestion to consider reverting clauses in OSET to MPL 2.0.

In that case, why not simply use MPL 2.0 directly? That excellent and well-known license is already expressly compatible with GPLv3.

Heather, didn't you help draft MPL 2.0? And we know that Richard helped to draft GPLv3.  We don't need yet another license for election software. Avoid license proliferation.

/Larry