[CAVO] Please circulate

Brent Turner turnerbrentm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 17:35:20 UTC 2015

Dear friends,

I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People, a
new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your
name to mine? If this petition gets 99,999 signatures by December 12, 2015,
the White House will review it and respond!

We the People allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the Obama
Administration to take action on a range of issues. If a petition gets
enough support, the Obama Administration will issue an official response.

You can view and sign the petition here:

http://wh.gov/iyhz4

Here's some more information about this petition:

*Urge the Election Assistance Commission to quickly review and certify open
source voting systems*

According to the Presidential Commission on Election Administration (PCEA),
most Americans are voting on technology that is old and starting to break
down,Election officials are dissatisfied with the voting systems available
to purchase. The solution, according to PCEA, is to reform the federal
certification process for voting systems to facilitate adoption of software
solutions that can run on off-the-shelf technology.Though New Hampshire
recently adopted open source voting, California Association of Voting
Officials ( CAVO ) states the open source voting progress is not happening
fast enough. We the undersigned ask the White House to urge the Election
Assistance Commission (EAC) to promptly review and certify, at no cost, a
General Public License ( GPL) license open source voting system