[CAVO] [License-discuss] SF - LAFCO open source voting draft

Allison Randal allison at opensource.org
Wed May 27 14:55:13 UTC 2015

On 05/26/2015 02:54 PM, Brian J. Fox wrote:
> It *is* right, by the definition that we’re using for Open Source.

It is very close to right. A license is open source if it complies with
the Open Source Definition. A license might be open source, but not yet
reviewed the by OSI. We use the set of licenses approved by the OSI as a
stand-in, because they're a clearly defined set that we've carefully
reviewed for compliance with the OSD. But, it's important to remember
that the principles of the OSD are the core of it all.

Allison