[CAVO] Link to SF - LAFCO open source voting draft

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Wed May 20 18:53:12 UTC 2015

Brent Turner wrote:

> My understanding is GPLv3 is the CAVO preference from OSI standards..

Yes, for reasons relating to reassurance that all derivative works will be acceptable for voting around the world. The "strength" and "popularity" of the GPLv3 make it a good license for universal voting software.

But that doesn't mean that the GPLv3 must be the only open source license used for free software.

ALL OSI-approved licenses are open source. Other licenses are not.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen

Rosenlaw & Einschlag ( <http://www.rosenlaw.com/> www.rosenlaw.com)

3001 King Ranch Rd., Ukiah, CA 95482