[CAVO] Open Source SPAM

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Tue Apr 28 17:58:15 UTC 2015

Hi CAVO,

I haven't actually read the below email yet. But many emails from eweek.com
are useful to me. And this CAVO team might also benefit even from open
source technical stuff others would call "SPAM".

So I'm reluctant to identify all non-member emails to this list into the
junk pile. Indeed, this list can be a way for many others to talk to us:
Tell your friends to send email to cavo at opensource.org.

This might be useful for us to build a knowledgeable open source community
here. Invite your friends!  Introduce yourselves to this list!

I personally use Outlook to automatically filter all my CAVO email into one
separate folder that I read regularly. (Or not....)  I also automatically
filter out viruses and other bad stuff so I'm well-protected even from ugly,
venomous SPAM.

As for SPAM, both David and I are so-called "email administrators" of this
CAVO list for now (until other volunteers arise amongst us). I like the way
David handled this bit of SPAM. If it begins to cause problems for you, let
David or me know.

/Larry