[beyond-copyright] Incoming

Karl Fogel kfogel at red-bean.com
Tue Mar 29 22:14:06 UTC 2016

Danese Cooper <danese.cooper at me.com> writes:
>Read about this today. Apparently Heather Meeker believes it's okay
>to insert a pay-obligation if you have more than 15 employees.
>
>http://www.wired.com/2016/03/
>former-open-sourcers-ask-companies-pay-fair-share/
>
>So I'm guessing there's going to be a new wave of "my business case
>is special because..." In licensing too.

Retweet bait :-) :

  https://twitter.com/kfogel/status/714937591028527104

To be fair to the "Fair Source" license, they do accurately label it as "not open source" (see the first sentence of https://fair.io/).  So while I don't think the idea is going to get much traction, Heather et al have at least been careful not to dilute the meaning of "open source", which is something to be thankful for given how many others are not so careful.