[beyond-licensing] Legal topics that FOSS projects could use more information on

Brian Behlendorf brian at behlendorf.com
Wed Jun 15 12:06:38 UTC 2016

Is it right to call it "dangers" when there are both pros and cons?  For
example, it's one of the only tools we have to help retire old licenses,
or encourage greater license compatibility (for example, when Mozilla went
triple-licensed with GPL, LGPL, and MPL).

Also, trademark and patent rights are important IP for projects to manage,
and benefit even less from not being managed.

Brian