[beyond-licensing] potential practical outcomes

Allison Randal allison at opensource.org
Thu Apr 21 03:06:17 UTC 2016

I set myself the time-consuming task of reading through the list archive
so far to find all the good suggestions, but this has proven to be a
very busy week. So, I'll just send this start, people can pile in, and
I'll add more as I find things from the archives.

There many topics we can talk about (and probably will), but it's easier
to keep a conversation moving forward with a clear idea of the thing
(document/program/campaign/etc.) you want to produce as a result of the
conversation. So, this is a quick round of idea-gathering, no need for
anything more than bullet points. Afterwards, if it doesn't seem
immediately obvious which one we want to dive into first, we might do a
CIVS ranking poll of the choices.

Here are a few that have come up already, with my own best guess on the
type of outcome they'd be:

- Program: OSaaS standard (w/ logo etc)

- Campaign: persuade companies to stop using "community" when they
really mean "open source", and stop using "enterprise" when they really
mean "proprietary"

Allison