[beyond-licensing] quick review of scope, resources, and goals

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Tue Apr 12 19:53:12 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 7:38 PM Allison Randal <allison at opensource.org>
wrote:

> TBH, I think one of the great tragedies in the divorce
> between ESR and RMS was the division of the children: one disowning
> "freedom" and the other disowning "community" and "benefits of
> collaboration". It's a whole coherent system, much stronger together
> than as fragmented shards.
>

> Fortunately, though, we don't have to tackle all that here. We'll find
> plenty of commonality exploring more straightforward topics like "What
> makes a vibrant, diverse community?"

Cheers to that. I have some pedantic quibbles with some of the rest of your
email, but this is the important part (to me) of being involved in this
list: focusing on the processes outside of the source code. That's why I
spoke strongly about the "freedom" angle in your original email, so glad to
see we're on more or less the same page.

Luis