[PublicPolicy] REGISTRATION OPEN: The EU Open Source Policy Summit 2022

Astor Nummelin Carlberg astor at openforumeurope.org
Tue Nov 16 14:33:49 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I'm taking the liberty to share this here.

Best,
Astor

[image: Twitter Summit save the date.png]
<https://summit.openforumeurope.org/>

Join us on 4 February 2022 at the annual EU Open Source Policy Summit
<https://summit.openforumeurope.org/>. This conference will happen both in
person in Brussels and online. At the EU Open Source Policy Summit, global
technology and policy leaders come together to discuss how collaboration
and competition are being rethought as we are innovating to solve the
complex global challenges we are facing collectively.

REGISTER TODAY! <https://summit.openforumeurope.org/>

Open Source & the Grand Challenges

The grand challenges cannot be tackled by any company or country alone.
Climate change, current and future pandemics, digital autonomy, market
concentration, and reaching the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals are all
pressing issues that underscore the need for new institutional set-ups. But
the world’s stakeholders have not been idle: modes of collaboration at a
completely new scale are needed to find solutions to complex problems. This
takes place in a day-to-day reality that is increasingly digital, where
software is ubiquitous, and while we see increased concerns over autonomy
in a multi-polar world.

Open Technologies and Open Source are at the heart of this new reality and
are a source for optimism. ‘Open’ lowers the barriers to competition,
delivers collaborative innovation, increases welfare, while letting
end-users maintain control and autonomy. Open and collaborative digital
innovation is no longer a theoretical concept. It is the modus operandi of
companies and countries that engage at the cutting edge of the
technological and societal innovation needed to tackle the grand challenges.

--
*Astor Nummelin Carlberg*
Policy Director

web http://www.openforumeurope.org
Follow us on Twitter @OpenForumEurope <https://twitter.com/OpenForumEurope>
--

OFE aisbl, a Belgian international non-profit association

Transparency number 2702114689-05

Registered in Belgium with enterprise number 721975651

RPM Tribunal de l’Entreprise Francophone de Bruxelles

Registered office: Avenue des Arts 56, 4C, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

Web: openforumeurope.org

e-mail: info at openforumeurope.org