[PublicPolicy] Government Open Source Advocates
ShimonS at most.gov.il
Sun May 31 17:10:36 UTC 2020
Very impressive. Thank you very much for all the great links. I encourage everyone to browse them.
I would love to hear more about https://github.com/dinsic-pim. How did it start? How did it grow? Who contributes to the project?
From: Publicpolicy <publicpolicy-bounces at lists.opensource.org> On Behalf Of JOUBERT Laurent
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 9:23 PM
To: publicpolicy at lists.opensource.org
Subject: Re: [PublicPolicy] Government Open Source Advocates
Thank you very much for creating the list. Shimon, thank you very much for your message.
I work for the French government at the DINUM (direction interministérielle du numérique, https://numerique.gouv.fr inter-agency digital services).
Regarding open-source specifically, I would like to point out our following initiatives:
- The open-source contribution policy, developed through the open-government partnership with many other countries :
o https://www.numerique.gouv.fr/publications/politique-logiciel-libre/ that officially delegates the authority to joint FSF and OSI for open-source licenses in the perimeter.
o In English: https://disic.github.io/politique-de-contribution-open-source/introduction.en<https://smex-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=https%3a%2f%2fdisic.github.io%2fpolitique%2dde%2dcontribution%2dopen%2dsource%2fintroduction.en&umid=0b11e99d-a9ee-4060-a423-258ee7bd16d1&auth=0552f576ef9cbf8536bffd6744e6f7ca40c5738b-fe8bc689924abc86b7808572cf6cbda8b1b3cee2>
o And the link on github if you would like to copy / contribute : https://github.com/disic/politique-de-contribution-open-source
- The open-source code we develop: https://code.etalab.gouv.fr/
o With a partnership with the Software Heritage initiative : https://www.softwareheritage.org/?lang=en
- Open-source software catalog recommended by the French administration: https://sill.etalab.gouv.fr/fr/software
- Our internal incubator that develops exclusively open-source software : https://beta.gouv.fr/startups/
- The #BlueHats community where we try to gather civil servants, NGO, IGO and private companies working on public interest open-source software (only in French)
- There is one project in particular that I would like to share regarding secure instant messaging based on RIOT.im / Matrix for which we believe there could be a strong interest for international cooperation: https://github.com/dinsic-pim
Lastly we were also in charge of elaborating the digital republic law that encourages open-source software and clearly lists source code as an “administrative document” so that it can be officially released publicly under existing open-date laws.
Please feel free to contact me directly at +33 6 701 701 78 if you have any questions. It would be a pleasure to identify common initiatives we could work on, or work on common difficulties we could face.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Publicpolicy