[PublicPolicy] Examples of State DOT's using open source in research

Leslie Hawthorn lhawthor at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 08:16:44 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 10:09 AM Bastien Guerry <bastien.guerry at data.gouv.fr>
wrote:

> Hi Ellwood,
>
> "Hanrahan, Ellwood F (DOT)" <Ellwood.Hanrahan at dot.ny.gov> writes:
>
> > Looking for examples of best practices for using open source in State
> > DOT research.
>
> What is "DOT"?  Why are you looking examples for?
>
> If I understand correctly, DOT means Department of Transportation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Transportation

Ellwood, my information is much more limited than other folks on this list,
but I know that Trimet in the Portland, Oregon region was a heavy user of
open source software. If you are able to get in contact with folks at that
agency, they may be able to provide more guidance.

https://trimet.org/about/index.htm

Hope this helps! I wish you the best of success with your research.

Cheers,
LH

--
Leslie Hawthorn