Æsthetic Permissive License - For Approval
Sean B. Palmer
sean at miscoranda.com
Wed Dec 19 13:46:35 UTC 2007
This is a formal request for review, as described in The Licence
Review Process . The following five sections are believed to
satisfy its requirements for submissions.
1) Link to Plain Text Copy of the License
Last-Modified: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:43:01 GMT
2) Rationale for a New License
There is no existing license which:
* Is permissive and non-copyleft.
* Contains a warranty disclaimer.
* Is under five non-blank lines of text.
* Applies to a single work.
Application to a single work is important because existing permissive
licenses only mandate preservation of the license text itself, and
apply to a package of works. They are not suitable for use as a
boilerplate, but also do not ensure preservation of their boilerplate.
Licenses that are not under five non-blank lines of text exceed the
McQuary limit, a widely appreciated æsthetic rule of thumb:
3) Comparison With the Most Similar OSI-Approved License
This license is inspired by the Fair License:
With the modification that it applies only to a single work, to meet
the requirements stated in the rationale. Further inspiration, to
achieve the required succinctness, came from the All-permissive
4) Results of Any Legal Analysis Available
None. Designed to semantically entail the two licenses above.
5) Recommended Appropriate License Proliferation Category
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/
More information about the License-review