[License-discuss] Network copyleft license without requiring 'Installation Information'

Wiebe Cazemier wiebe at flashmq.org
Tue May 23 23:05:50 UTC 2023

----- Original Message -----

Yes, just like the GPLv2 allows.

And this manufacturer actually will provide the 'Installation Information', but having software which such a license precludes any deals with OEMs in the future, so manufacturers avoid software under GPL3. It's as simple as that.

> That defeats a major tenet of the 'software freedom' aspects of the license.

I know, that's why I'm looking for a network copyleft license without a clause that makes my software untouchable. Free but unusable is no good.

I agree with Linus Torvalds statement on the matter. I'm not a hardware designer. You don't have to use the software. If you do, the only thing I ask for is source code back.