[License-discuss] Retroactively disapproving licenses

Chris DiBona cdibona at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 21:34:07 UTC 2022

Without betraying my feelings on recently approved licenses. I've always
thought the osi could move licenses into a deprecated or 'legacy' state ,
so that programs under those licenses until date x could be considered open
source, but after that... I mean, there's already a break down of
superseded, etc on the Osi site....

But maybe that's too nuanced a view of things :-) Goodness knows the number
of projects adding on nonsense extra clauses continue to proliferate,
mostly in the JavaScript community....but I digress.

Chris