[License-discuss] Question about AGPLv3 with a Plugin Exception

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Thu Aug 11 00:21:18 UTC 2022

Kevin Fleming said:
Please keep in mind that if your application incorporates or relies upon any
other code (to which you do not hold the copyrights) that is also licensed
under the AGPL, you cannot grant an exception (really, an 'additional
permission') on your code which is combined with it, since you can't grant
that same additional permission on the third-party code you are using....

I think that is too strong a statement. Even AGPL code can be combined with
other code without impacting the AGPL license. The word "combined" is
overbroad.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen
707-478-8932