[License-discuss] Google v. Oracle

Patrice-Emmanuel Schmitz pe.schmitz at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 29 11:05:26 UTC 2021

Just a candid question from someone that has not closely followed the case.
The case moved from patent infringement (original claim in 2010) to
copyright infringement: 1) are API copyrightable 2) was their use fair or
not?  The second question only was answered by the Supreme Court.
Did someone check the case according to the free software permissions
granted by the library license (GPL-2.0 I presume)?
Patrice-Emmanuel

Le sam. 24 avr. 2021 à 22:16, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw.com> a écrit :

> To: OSI License Discuss
>

> For those of you interested in the details of the Google v. Oracle case
> and the arguments raised by the lawyers and the Supreme Court, this is an
> excellent 1-hour summary:
>

> https://youtu.be/BDLTOwoSRNg
>

> There is a 1-hour CLE credit if you want it. Please enjoy. /Larry
>

> Lawrence Rosen
>
> 707-478-8932
>
> 3001 King Ranch Rd., Ukiah, CA 95482

Patrice-Emmanuel Schmitz