[License-discuss] Thoughts on AAL and OSS vs FOSS

McCoy Smith mccoy at lexpan.law
Tue Mar 31 20:13:09 UTC 2020

FWIW, if you take out the badgeware part of AAL, you're left with nothing
much that's different from, say, BSD (upon which AAL is based). There is
paragraph 4, but I'm not sure that's adds anything to straight 3-clause BSD.
So I'm not sure what would be the benefit of trying to come up with an
improved AAL 2.0.   Better to just deprecate it and recommend BSD 3-clause
as a preferred alternative.