[License-discuss] Generic process for removing approved licenses. Re: REMOVE AAL from list of approved licenses

Henrik Ingo henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
Sat Mar 28 08:35:00 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 8:26 PM Russell Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:

> On 3/27/20 5:19 AM, Henrik Ingo wrote:
> > - A feedback period of 15 months is required before the actual removal
> > takes place.
>
> That's way too long. If we can't find anybody using the license, AND the
> original submitter agrees, we remove it immediately. The only reason to
> delay removal is because a current user of the license might be shy.

A license steward can of course always deprecate a license, or at least ask
OSI to remove it from the list of approved licenses. If this happens there
is (usually) no reason for OSI to delay that request. And this is of course
the preferable route in cases where the license steward agrees to play
along.

henrik

henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
+358-40-5697354        skype: henrik.ingo            irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://fi.linkedin.com/pub/henrik-ingo/3/232/8a7